Welcome to online portfolio. It contains brief information about all of my skills and work experience as well as links to more detail on other parts of this site. You can also view author pages for some of the website I have written for as well as some samples that are hosted elsewhere so that you can see some of my previous writing.
- Ability to create outstanding written content, such as news articles, feature articles, opinion pieces, reviews and lists for different outlets in a professional and timely manner.
- Experience in working alone to research and write about topics without any set direction from editors or as part of a team to create content about a specific subject.
- Proficient in many different forms of software, including content management systems and imagine manipulation software. These include the likes of Microsoft Office, WordPress, ExpressionEngine, SPSS, Photoshop, and GIMP.
- Excellent critical thinking skills. Able to develop powerfully written arguments and effectively critique work.
- Passionate about researching topics so that work is backed up with appropriate sources or links.
- Can work across a variety of topics
- Able to craft content that grabs the reader’s attention and has the potential to go viral to reach larger numbers of readers. Experience in optimizing SEO and using keywords effectively.
Freelance Writing (Video Games)
Since April 2013, I have provided high quality written content to a number of websites and publications across a range of topics, with a primary focus on video games and technology. In particular, this has involved reporting on breaking news stories, creating informative pieces for the audience, writing reports on the industry, reviewing games and developing feature articles. Some of the sites that I have worked for in a freelance capacity are:
PopGeeks.net – A continuing position where I contribute news posts, reports, feature articles, interviews and reviews, often writing 10+ pieces every week. I have also worked with editors to create regular features such as Retrospective Reviews and Coming up in Gaming, which looks at the games and hardware that is set to launch in the upcoming month.
LoadTheGame.com – Contributed a large number of in-depth articles looking at important announcements and rumours in the gaming and technology industry, specializing in giving readers an incisive look at upcoming products.
NextGenUpdate.com – Reporting on braking new stories across all platforms and genres on a daily basis. Contributed over 140 articles and more than 30,000 words in total.
ThatGamerHub.com – I provided feature articles about issues concerning the video game industry and about relevant breaking news stories while providing coverage of upcoming games from press releases.
Freelance Writing (Other)
Although I have a specific focus on covering video games, I have also covered a wide variety of other subjects for popular sites. This includes researching and writing “Top 10” style lists, full-length features articles, and breaking news stories.
The vast majority of this coverage centered on the entertainment industry. Generally, this involved creating readable, timely, and fun content on movies, television, and video games. I have also provided articles concentrating on pop culture, history, sport, and general humor.
My work for the following sites have attracted tens of millions of readers, with some pieces becoming highly viral. A selection of author pages for some of the sites I have written for are linked below: